Friday, December 30, 2011

Some "New" Stockings!

On December 23rd I realized that we did not have any stockings for Christmas.  I had searched the Christmas bins that had been returned to us after the fire, but alas no stockings!  I'd crocheted the boys each a stocking on their first xmas, so them being missing was a tad upsetting!

This, however, turned out to be not so bad as I found them today, only four days AFTER Christmas!  Oh well.  I managed to whip up some quick stockings, that both the boys love!  The problem I had to overcome was that we were leaving for Parksville in a few short hours and there was no time to run to the fabric store for felt, or to whip up the quilted ones I'd had my eye on.

After rummaging around, I found an old moving blanket that looked like felt .... good enough!  Jack picked out a bit of fabric from my very small (but quickly growing) stash and also a few buttons.  I packed everything and hand sewed them at the cabin, sitting by the fire.  How perfect!

So here they are!  Now next year it will be interesting to see which stockings they choose to hang?!

****************************************




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...