Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Crafty Tuesday

I've failed.  For a week now I have been trying to figure out how best to knit up some yarn that I bought on sale.  I tried several different patterns, but with my limited needle collection, I could never get my gauge right!  Plusthe yarn is a bit different than what I am used to working with.  It's called Just Bamboo by Sirdar.  It's a silky, flat yarn and I just couldn't get it to knit up nicely.

Then I remembered something .... crochet!  Of course this was the immediate answer.  I really wanted to knit up the Miette Sweater as it's a cute cropped cardigan, perfect for my vintage dresses.  So now I am working on a crochet version of the cardigan.  Don't expect a pattern, but I might write up a tutorial of how I went about making it.

I am working on the waistband right now, and it's coming along quickly.  I forgot how nice and quick crochet is!  So now hopefully by the end of the month I'll have another new sweater!

On and a note of the burgundy sweater I shared with you last week .... i have yet to wear it.  The sweater really only looks good with a full skirt, and the circle skirt I was working on failed ... or I failed.  It's now going to be a different type of skirt, not quite a circle skirt and I'll have to make a petticoat next!  Photos soon I promise!  As i said yesterday, sewing takes a bit more time as I can't do it while looking after the wee ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...