Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Repeat

There is an awful lot of repetition these days.  We are in "that" stage with Dylan.  The stage where he must do everything!  When I forget that he must do everything I must put things back and start again, this time with a pleased little toddler at the reins.  I lift him into the car, or even just touch him as he climbing in and we have to get out of the car and have him climb in all by himself!  Also If I am to lift him out of the car so we can start again, he throws a little fit as he wants to be the one to climb out, just so he can climb back in.

He likes to pour his own milk, though he's oaky if you hold the jug with him (thanks goodness for that!).  He likes to flush the toilet himself, dress himself and any number of other things through out the day.  This means time.  We need to allow for more time.  Things get a lot slower when we reach this stage and so extra planning and patience is in order.

He is, after all, learning to do these things, so I wont have to anymore.  It's kind of sad actually, now that I've put it that way.  In the next few months he'll have mastered many things that I have done for him these last 2 1/2 years.  Eventually getting ready won't be a slow a process, but is slow really all that bad?


the king

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...