I gave Jackson my camera today. Not the broken point and shoot, but my good one! Yikes! Surprisingly I wasn't nervous at all. He was amazing to watch. He'd push his eye right up to the view finder and push one leg out a bit farther than the other, then twist his foot out to get a good stance. He didn't just run and click; he really looked at the subject and when the time was right, he'd click one or two shots. The commentary was pretty good. "a piece of wood. i need to take a picture of that. and yes, a branch. ......... that's FANTASTIC!" He'd say that last one a few times after reviewing the shot, just after taking it. and they really were fantastic! a nice variety of subject matter too! I haven't edited or cropped any of them, this is what Jackson took:
This was the last photo he took. He had put the camera away a while before, but just had to take it out for the red trucks!
This was one of those, "that's FANTASTIC!" shots. I wish I could have recorded him saying it!
He experimented with different angles and levels. Looking up while under a weeping willow.
This is my bum. We all got a good laugh out of this one!
Lots of ducks!
Jackson thought it was amusing that a baby was crawling with the ducks and geese. I thought it was gross. I'm all for getting down and dirty with nature, but all that duck poo?!? on hands!?!
This was another experiment with angles. There is something about this one i really like.
He took an aweful lot of flag photos, most from far away, but this one he framed up for a long time before taking.
This is the first photo he took.
A squirrel came to steal some of Dylan's cheerios and Jackson followed him around. Both Jack and the squirrel stood still for quite sometime while he took this one.
Okay that's all. Have I bored you? As you can tell I am that beaming, proud mama! There are more stories to share and more moments I captured of our day (farm, ducks, picnic, photoshoot, drive, beach, dinner out ...... long day!), but this post is all about my big boy and his new love of photography!
these are fantastic photos. He has a good eye! MUST take after his gramma.....tee hee good work giving him the camera. LM
ReplyDeleteyeah i plan to make it a regular event now!
ReplyDelete