Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Preparing



The family on the carousal at Buchart's Gardens

Things are coming together for xmas. I've got my meal plan ready for our BIG turkey dinner on the 24th. Also I've been doing some baking and decorating. It's really starting to come together. I have to say, I'm not a big fan of xmas, but i have kids, and I think it's important to carry on traditions, and make this time of year "magical" for my offspring.

This is the first year that Jackson really understands what christmas is all about. He's been enjoying helping me make cookies and sneaking candy canes from the tree. Of course he's all about Santa. It's hard because I know he doesn't need anymore toys, and I had planned a very small homemade array of gifts, but the boy has his heart set on a giant cement truck, so there you go.

Our bathroom is coming along nicely. As I type they are tiling!!! Yes that's right ..... tiling! The paint is already on the walls, and looks amazing! We chose a medium orange, nice and warm, but not too overwhelming. I will have to take some photos once they are done!!! What progress!

So here we are, making plans and getting ready for a nice long holiday together! Mostly we are staying around here, but spending a few days with some of Cory's family upisland. I am starting to get a little excited about it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...