Friday, December 18, 2009

Art and Xmas Junk!



Today we went to a church bazzar and picked up some great kitchsy xmas things! There were some great old shiny glass ornaments, and those strange cotton snowmen. I was going to get a great tree skirt, however I was distracted by these three fantastic paintings. They are portraits of some old men wearing strange hats. Very bright colors, really quite crazy! Apparently they are from the 1950's Hungarian finger painting movement! $200 for the set. I think it's a great price and though the bazzar is now closed until january, we might be able to get them tonight as long as Cory thinks they are okay. They would have to be put in new, less ornate frames, so that is an extra cost. They are truly fantastic ..... I wish I had a photo! The most comparable work is from Derain, as far as brush stroke and color.

We've never bought art for our house as I paint and we have received some awesome paintings from Cory's mom. So I don't think $200 is that crazy, for original artwork! Cross your fingers for me!

2 comments:

  1. great grandma had those snowmen, gave me two -- the only craft she ever did and i dragged them around for years, then threw them out. cory should remember them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes cory does indeed remeber them! i think my nana or one of my grandma's had them too, i just had to buy them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...