When looking into our relocation to Oak Bay, I just had to make sure they allowed chickens. It's been my dream for a while now, so I wanted to make sure I still had that option. Indeed I found out chickens are allowed in Oak Bay!! That's all I read. It was good enough for me. However I never thought of the restrictions a municipality could impose on raising hens. After a bit more research I found that our lot is just a bit too small for the bylaws!!! only another 500 sq. ft. and we'd be good! Upon further research I came across this post, about a man who was appealing some of the bylaws regarding chickens. I also found that one council member in Oak Bay wanted to reduce the minimum lot size for chickens!!! I am now in contact with the fellow with the hens, and looking to approach the Oak Bay. One day I'll be getting my hens! One day!
Thursday, October 22, 2009
The Fine Print
When looking into our relocation to Oak Bay, I just had to make sure they allowed chickens. It's been my dream for a while now, so I wanted to make sure I still had that option. Indeed I found out chickens are allowed in Oak Bay!! That's all I read. It was good enough for me. However I never thought of the restrictions a municipality could impose on raising hens. After a bit more research I found that our lot is just a bit too small for the bylaws!!! only another 500 sq. ft. and we'd be good! Upon further research I came across this post, about a man who was appealing some of the bylaws regarding chickens. I also found that one council member in Oak Bay wanted to reduce the minimum lot size for chickens!!! I am now in contact with the fellow with the hens, and looking to approach the Oak Bay. One day I'll be getting my hens! One day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment