Saturday, September 26, 2009

No, I'm Not Dead

Hi there! Still alive and kicking! It's been a very long time since I've blogged and it's due to a nasty, nasty cold! I thought it would last a couple of days, but it's still holding on! Little Dylan was also sick, and waking every hour or two in the night. He also wasn't napping well so that translated to no sleep or even a break for me. Cory had a busy week at work, but was able to come home early most days. The week was filled with big blowouts for Jackson and I. Trying something new (the playful parenting 24/7) is a bit too hard when one is ill, and we decided that I was putting too much pressure on myself to get things heading in the right direction with Jack.

Things are improving and though I am still tired, I am able to handle situations much better. Also Dylan is sleeping again! Last night he went from 7 to 10 without waking, then from 10 to 4 without eating and only waking once! Oh sleep how I've missed you!!!

So far the weekend has been great, though I messed up and feel pretty bad. A few weeks ago I signed Jack up for Sportball (basically a parent and kid multi-sport class). Today was the first day and I totally forgot. At 10:30am, just when the class was ending I remembered. Luckily I hadn't mentioned it to Jack, so there was no disappointment on his end. Well next week I certainly won't forget!

I've packed away my sewing machine, at least for a few weeks. Halloween is coming up and I'll have to sew something I am sure. Jackson has requested a Fozzy Bear costume, which is fairly easy, however I'd also like to take a look at Old Navy as they have cheap, cute costumes. Oh it just feels wrong! Even typing it feels wrong! Buying a costume?! I know. I know, people do it all the time. It's just strange to me. Alright time to spend the evening with Cory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...