Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Attack of the Sleep Walking Mommy

Lately Dylan has been a nightmare. I really shouldn't be so hard on the little guy, but I am exhausted. He's been waking every two hours at night, sometimes even more! Sometimes h settles, but mostly I feed him. Last night was better than most, he went a four hour stretch without feed, though did wake up during that four hours and need some cuddles.

It used to be that we could just put him down and he'd fall asleep all on his own. No cuddles, no extra feedings, no singing. I was great! This time seems to have passed and now we are in some sort of clingy, crazy, crying baby phase. This morning I had to spend an hour trying to get Dylan down for a nap. I tried rocking, carrying, bouncing, feeding and still he cried. I have ideas that he is getting to big for his bassinet, though I am not quite sure how he'll take to the playpen/crib. Right now he is sleeping in our bed. He cried for about 6 minutes, while I tried to compose myself and do a bit of deep breathing. During that time, he managed to stop crying and is now thankfully asleep.

Both Cory and I are afraid that we are going to have another baby with sleep problems. Speaking of which, Jackson woke three times last night and decided to get up at 5am this morning. Oh yay, a life with no sleep!

In other news, I am thinking of taking Jack out of daycare. I do like my time, and I know the socialization is good for him, but it's expensive and they will now, not cut his days down to just one. I don't like him away from me for that long. I am a stay at home mom for a reason! September will most likely be his last month. I am looking into preschools, but if there are no spaces left, then hopefully I'll be able to trade some mornings with one of my best friends! She is also having daycare issues! alright time to play with my dear boy, while my cranky baby naps!

2 comments:

  1. get on some preschool wait lists kids always drop out! xxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! yeah suppose some kids would drop out. i'm on two waitlists now! thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...