Sunday, August 23, 2009

When I Grow Up ....

What am I going to do in five years? My life is pretty much laid out for the next five years, but what happens after that? I suppose in five years I will have a better idea, but for right now, it seems puzzling. I am a stay at home mom, and plan to be for a few more years. Before I was a mom, I was a hair stylist. I've been doing hair for almost ten years now, but have extreme allergies to hair color. I just don't think I will be able to go back. It's hard not to go back though, because I know it's something I am great at. Plus it's a fun, very social job. One of my best friends owns a shop downtown, and it would be tons of fun to work with her again.

I have to face the realities though, that I need a new career. I am interested in going back to school. However, only if the course /degree I take, guarantees me a well paying job. Since it's going to be some time before I actually go to school, I am able to be on yearlong waitlists, but what to take?

My heart in in entrepreneurial endeavors. I'd love to have my own shop, brick and mortar, not just online. I have also thought of design, advertising, that sort of thing ...... I just don't know. My ideal job would be fun, well paying, challenging, but not too stressful and something where I had a bit of control over my schedule. I can dream can't i?

2 comments:

  1. Do More than Dream Dear Tanya, Make a plan and start working on it day by day, month by month and year by year. Finish whatever education you need bit by bit and move forward -- opportunities arise as you are on the journey. You might try a direction -- then alter it slightly as you go.

    Think Large and trust that you can do it.

    My advice. LM

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i just have to figure out where to start!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...