Friday, July 24, 2009

Homesteading Bliss


Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I have a new idea for a blog! I am working on getting things just right before I unveil it. It will be a homestead/farming blog for my new obsession. Than means this blog will go back to being more of a mama blog again.

Last night I went to knitting and had one of the best times out I've had for some time! We talked about our teenage fashion mistakes, and other equally entertaining topics. I discussed my plans of starting a homestead and my new love of laying hens! So the plan is between two and five years from now, there will be chickens in the backyard!!! I can have up to five, but will most likely start with three. The fancy bantams are what I am gaga over, though I have to do some research about good laying bantams. Also I've got to find some chicken people around these parts to converse with!

Cory and I have decided to get rid of half the front lawn soon. In it's place will be an apple tree, and some blueberry bushes, and other seasonal edibles! We have to keep a pathway open as we cut across the grass to get to the car. The project will have to wait at least a week, as this weekend is far too busy for material gathering and building raised beds. Tomorrow Cory goes off camping overnight, and I hopefully go to an afternoon toga croquet party with the boys. The next day we have two little girl's parties to attend. I am almost finished the presents for the little girl's .... it's a quick project that I am excited about. I will post it after the weekend though, don't want to give it away until the birthday girls get theirs!

I really have to take some before photos of the yard, to record the transformation that will take place in the next few years! You know, just having the new mindset that my yard is now a homestead, fills me with joy! I am now looking at things differently and taking pride in the small things i am already doing that is considered "homesteading". My favorite so far has to be hanging the wash out to dry! I seem to have a new appreciation for the task and the wonderful smell my clothes become infused with! Okay, off to work on the NEW blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...