Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The End of an Era


I am done. Well almost done. There is no more crafting for me after the beach blanket is completed. Well, except for a birthday gift every once and while ...... oh it's so hard to quit crafting! Really I am not quitting crafting, just changing my focus to the garden and general green practices. Yesterday I went to harvest some compost, only to find a dry crumbly heap with the odd egg shell mixed in. I think I am going to have to take over compost duties for a while, or at least monitor the situation. Comost should be beautiful, rich, moist (but not too moist) , much like a crumbled chocolate cake ..... ours needs a lot of work to get there!

For one of my finaly projects, I have completed this gorgeous baby blanket, and plan to write the pattern and post it here on my blog. I had planned to sell the pattern, but really what's the point? I've misted my seeds and unpacked the groceries. Today my sister and a friend are coming over around dinner time, so I figure I'll just make everyone dinner. Picked up a grand 18 dried bean mix at the store, so will whip up some bean soup today. Also a nice hearty salad and perhaps some potatoes, f it doesn't get too hot in the late afternoon. Yesterday I went out and ran a bunch of errends, so today I am concentrating on the tasks at home. Copmost restoration, bathroom cleaning, laundry, cooking ...... my don't I sould like the typical 50's housewife! I need an apron!!

2 comments:

  1. Love all the domesticity! Is it bad that I already want to just be at home with baby and sounding like a typical 50's housewife as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. not bad at all! it's the best life, it really is!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...