Friday, December 9, 2011

A Wreath of Sorts

We've finished our first official Christmas craft project!!  We needed a wreath for the front door and I decided that a traditional green or grapevine wreath just wouldn't do.  I also didn't want anything with ribbon, but i knew i did want glitter ..... and lots of it!

I was inspired by those fabulous sun burst clocks from the 50's, you know the ones .....




So I started with a styrofoam wreath, white duct tape, some bobbles branches, bamboo skewers and some cardboard.


I had a little helper for the next part ....




The I cut, pasted, added a bunch of glitter and this is what I ended up with!  A perfectly, untraditional mid century modern wreath!





Due to all the people and things moving due to the reno's, our door has taken a good bashing and desperately needs to be re-painted, but the wreath still looks nice I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...