The photos really don't do it justice ..... just imagine this thing shaking and moving around, about to topple!
In other news, we have started our Christmas baking! Whipped shortbread is always the first thing I make. It's best if it's two to four weeks old when Christmas time comes around. I had lost my recipe in the fire, but luckily Mom has the original copy. The recipe is a large one, calling for 2 lbs. of butter! I halved the recipe and got to work with the kiddies ... or so I thought.
Everything was going so smoothly with the kids. They were taking turns, not stealing the cookie dough and jsut really having a great time. However the dough just wouldn't whip. I tried and tried, but it just looked doughy. M "new" machine performed amazingly I do have to say. Most powerful, effortless batch of shortbread ever because of it.
So I sat there puzzled, but decided to go ahead and bake them anyways. The cookies baked up fine, but when I tasted one ..... my word! I think I failed to reduce the amount of sugar and cornstarch by half. They were a tad hard and quite sweet. Though still good, they are not my traditional, melt in your mouth whipped shortbread. Guess this just gives me an excuse do make another batch!
a little man being awfully protective of the sugar!
making the faces one makes while baking ...... hmmmm.
helping out
I think I'd better stop taking photos now!
The end result!





so i need photos of the house...!! all of it!
ReplyDeleteterrible shaking story, could have fallen over!
yes i am working on house photos. everything is still all upside down while the guys try to get things working ..... once we have things unpacked a bit more, i'll post some photos. the kitchen is complete now, so that will be the first room!
ReplyDelete