Saturday, December 17, 2011

A New Hat

I have no wool toques.  Or maybe I just can't find the ones i had, or perhaps they are gone.  I don't know, but I do know that on Thursday I needed one!  Now you see there was a problem.  I can't find my knit picks knitting needles case with all my new needles!  All I could find was a few pair of straight needles.  So how was I to knit a hat with straight needles?!

After a quick browse on my Knit Pinterest board, I found the perfect hat.  It is a hat I have been wanting to make for some time, but just never did.  Now was the time, all that was required was size 3 straight needles, a tapestry needle and some yarn!

I chose a neutral wool blend from my stash and got to work.  I did change the pattern a bit, and you can read about the detail on my ravelry page if you are interested.  I have to say this was one quick and easy hat!  It's rather glamorous and a bit costume-y but that just makes winter more fun .... you should see some of my other winter hats!  Anyways on with the photos!


hi there .... me with no make up!


and what did the boys do while I was busy knitting?


they glued stuff ... glue it's a good thing.

Oh and look here, we've hung some art on the walls!  This is in our "Portrait Room"


not the greatest photo .... but it's 10pm on a Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...