Monday, November 14, 2011

Arts and Crafts Weekend

Our weekend was a crafty one!  I got a lot of time to work on a series of paintings, and Jack started a lino carving for Christmas cards for his friends and family. It was so lovely and slow.  I know in the next few weeks, our calendar will start to fill .... it already has.  So it was nice to have a realizing, cozy, weekend.

We also had a very early Christmas sinner with my Dad and Step Mom as they are heading south for three months.  Yes that's right, they've become snowbirds ..... hehe!

One last crafting task was to begin Christmas decorations. We are not sure what has been restored and what has not, so I've started a snowflake garland.  It can go on the tree, in a window or on the walls.  I have also fallen in love with some fabulous felt stockings!  So I'll have to order some felt soon!

I had crocheted the boys stockings when they were each a year old, but i am not sure if they have survived the fire :(  This does give me a rather good excuse for making new one though!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...