Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Crafty Tuesday

I can't wait to share with you two projects that are finished ..... that's right, completely done:)

The first is Jack's school bag.  The stencils didn't look so hot on the patterned grey fabric, so I got some grey fabric and make a patch for the front.  as you can see, the stencils turned out great!  i even made a yoda t-shirt for Jack!  Now if only he'd eat the lunch that I put in his cool bag!





The second project is my puff sleeved vintage inspired sweater,  I modified a pattern from A Stitch in Time Vol. 1.  It's a bit puffier in the body than i wanted, but it looks nice with a full skirt!  I just love that I can wear it with my waist nipped vintage dresses!  All my other cardigans hit too low on the hips and caused the skirt to look rather silly!  Since the photo was taken I managed to sew in all those pesky ends and sew on some matching buttons!  I'll have photos of the finished garment soon, just working on a quick project to accompany it.


me giving DD the evil eye :)

4 comments:

  1. YAY! for finished projects! it takes FOREVER to finish projects around these parts! and i usually have far too many going at the same time,. like one dress, two skirts.. :) thats my current situation lol. i love the bookbag! it looks like you had great precision working with that! :)

    sharde @ the style projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's pretty monumental when i actually finish something! I now have only a few things on the go, a circle skirt, and two twin size crochet blankets ..... though i am busy knitting up a swatch for my next sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful!! that bag is amazing, jack must be so thrilled! i have NO idea how you manage to do it all...you really do inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes he is pretty thrilled with it! i also stencilled yoda onto a T-shirt for him! i am not sure how i do it either! knitting and crochet are definately easier crafts while looking after the wee ones than sewing. for sewing i have to have time all to myself, and it's usually only on the weekends!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...