I haven't told you this yet. I have been waiting to see if I could stick with it. It's been a few weeks now so I feel okay sharing this news with you. I have taking up running. OMG that's right I run! I actually prefer to call it jogging, because I like the idea of the 80's jogging craze as opposed to the 2000's running elitist snobbery. Maybe there was elitist neon joggers back in the 80's but i prefer to think of everyone jogging happily together in Central Park, like in the muppets!
I never run, i hated it! In gym class I would always forget my gym strip on purpose when it was running day. They'd "punish" me my making me work in the library or photocopy things for the nice office ladies. Oh how I loved those jobs! I also had my mom write me notes explaining that I couldn't run due to my asthma. Oh there there was the argument that the province had everyone participate in gym so that each student gets some form of physical activity, but i was swimming 20 hrs a weeks, so I didn't need to take gym.
Since Grade 10 gym class, I haven't run since. I refused to run for the bus and I don't really run with my kids ( i know, lazy mama!) until now. My husband's cousin talked to me a bit about running, and i thought I should give it a shot. I did and i love it! I go about 3 times a week and I take it pretty slow. I am still not just all out running. I jog for a couple minutes, then walk for one minute. One day I'll be able to just go out there and jog, not having to time my intervals, but for now I have to get into this thing slowly. I don't want to injure myself now.
So there you go, there is my dirty little secret. The girl who hated running has become the mama who loves running!
I hope you have a good sports bra! ;-). It must be so liberating to enjoy jogging!
ReplyDelete