Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Crafty Tuesday

Getting back to crafting has been slow since the fire. I haven't had a spare minute to run to the wool shop, or even sit down sometimes!  So far I have managed to complete one project and I now am working on a request from a certain big boy.  I do love it when my little lads request something handmade from this mama.

Jack would like a new crochet blanket.  For years he has slept with the two that were made for him when he was born.  They are a tad small now, and also they were in the house, so we don't know if they are cleanable :( So we looked at some patterns and chose some yarn and I got to work.  I've already gone through a number of skeins and am getting close to half way ...... it's a rather large project, but Jack is being very patient.



The project that I have finished, and sent on it's way, is a tiny little dress/vest for the newest member of my friend's family.  I was at her birth and it was very special, amazing, inspiring etc etc etc ..... I used a pattern that I had seen used on the Soule mama blog and it turned out perfectly! Jack chose the buttons and he did a lovely job.  It feels good to get back into the groove of the needles and hooks! I now have so many projects that are swirling around in my head!  Who knows what will be next!?


i need to get back to ravelry and post the info for these.  i do remember that I chose to knit seed stitch instead of garter stitch.  It's much prettier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...