Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Long Weekend

Hello!  We had a long weekend and it was fantastic!  For the most part we didn't have a plan, which is very unlike us.  Usually on a weekend we have a mile long list of things to do.

This weekend we had swimming lessons, followed by myself taking Jack to see an IMAX film, then touring the museum and some little bus trips around town.  Cory and I spent the evening watching True Romance.  I think it's an unbelievably wonderful film, though a little violent at times.  We've viewed it before, but it was such a long time ago, we'd nearly forgotten the plot!

Sunday we got up early and went to the pool for a lovely, quiet family swim time.  I got to do a few laps around the "big" pool as well.  That is something that I haven't done for years and would like to take up again. I used to be a synchronized swimmer at one point, a fairly good one too!  Can you picture it?  Me with a little nose clip, my hair slicked back and wearing a sequinned swim suit?  Haha!

Monday was parade day!  The Victoria Day parade is the largest parade of the year.  I had taken Jack last year and he loved it.  This year the whole family came out and we all had a good time, though after 2 1/2 hours we were ready to pack it in.  Jack went on a big bike ride with Cory and I stayed home to fuss over my craft room, which is slowly getting organized.  I also completed all my items for the Day of the Dead swap, so will move onto a skirt for myself!  All in all a wonderful, relaxing weekend!


we love the bands!


DD watching ... he waved at everyone!


the oldest of the fire trucks, always a hit


i got a great video of the mariachi band playing!


cheerleaders and bands from the USA


the lads taking it all in


a motorcycle carved from wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...