watching the band
tired boy, late in the night!
We started off the weekend attending a fundraiser for disaster relief in Japan on Friday evening. It was at Jack's favorite restaurant, Hernandez! The lovely owner had invited us to set up a little table so Jack could sell some cards! After that night we raised a total of $288!! I had a dream goal of $200, but really didn't think we'd be able to raise that much! However, with the support and help from our community, we've outdone ourselves! Thanks so everyone who helped us out!!
Saturday was full of swimming, lego building and some backyard play! My mom and I had an evening out, taking in the Wonderland ballet! It wasn't quite what either of us expected, but great nonetheless!
Sunday was all about little D. We hosted a birthday party for him, with a "Tails" theme! I made a total of 13 tails, and each child got to take one home in lieu of a goody bag (those dollar store bags of plastic crap drive me nuts!). I carved a cake into the shape of a dragon as requested by the birthday boy and it was big hit!





I love love love the tails!! What a great idea. And bravo to you for making 13 of them!
ReplyDeletethanks! they were too much fun!!
ReplyDeletei love the face of the dragon on the cake!! and 288 dollars. WOW
ReplyDeleteGood work.
Linda
the face was a last minute addition! I had to run to the store for marshmallows and licorice! yeah we're pretty proud of jack! There are 3 sets of cards left, so after those are sold we'll be over $300!!
ReplyDeleteI love Hernandez! Mister Hernandez with the crazy haircut gets tattooed at TZ sometimes.
ReplyDeletecool~ yeah he was in one of the bands that night! it was great!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great party! I would have loved a tail instead of a goody bag when I was a kid...heck, I would like that even now :)
ReplyDeleteyes the tails went over pretty well!
ReplyDelete