Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What We Do Wednesdays

For this weeks "What We Do Wednesdays" I'm bringing you to the studio!  I recently tidied up in my craft studio, so we are taking full advantage of the space and creativity that comes from it!





We've been spending a lot of time painting lately.  Dylan has been loving all the mess making that comes along with it, and I have a project I am working on (top secret! you know how it is).  Jack decided that he needed a proper canvas and the only blank one i had was quite large.  He's working on a big rig painting and it's going well.  I am allowing Jackson to use my professional acrylic paints for painting, but little DD is still using the non toxic, washable paints.  Once he stops putting things, like his paint covered fingers, in his mouth, the he can graduate to the "good" paints.  It's not so much a question of if it's worth letting him have the better quality paints, but a question of safely ...... and wall, clothing clean up!

We are pretty casual with painting.  Sometimes we paint for an hour (while just trying to get Dylan to stay in the room!), sometimes we paint for ten minutes.   We make big messes and it's more about the process than the end result, as with most things for the under 5 (7, 10, 12, 30?) set.  So have fun!  Grab some brushes, random utensils, paper, paints and get down and dirty with your kids!

2 comments:

  1. Great T. Love the bid rig Jack! Looks like the boys had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cory my love! You read my blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...