Thursday, March 10, 2011

2nd Annual Mardi Gras Party

We had our second annual Mardi Gras Party on Tuesday!  I made a king cake.... sort of and monte cristo sandwiches!  We made masks during the day and had a little dance after dinner!  It's a lovely, simple tradition that we hope to keep up!

Mardi Gras always seems to sneak up on me.  I didn't even realize that this past Tuesday it, until I opened my computer.  It's a fun holiday because there is no anticipation, just a fun day of baking, crafting, eating, and dancing!

Here are our photos form the night ..... one day when the boys are older, we'll decorate the house and have a REAL party with all our friends!


the fabulous monte cristo sandwich with black current jam!


home made king cake (not exactly) without icing .... too much sugar for us!





the party!!!

6 comments:

  1. this is one of the most awesome things EVER! i loove Mardi Gras and when I have kids...I totally want to have a party with them!! Those sandwiches look delish too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks jamie! we hope to go to mardi gras one day, but for now this is a pretty fun way to celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea. you kids are something else! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. that reminds me of how tasty all of that was. I just wish Jack let me finish his leftovers....wait maybe its still in the fridge. oh boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha .. yes it would be nice if those leftovers were still around!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...