Saturday, March 12, 2011

Scrumptious Saturday: Plain Old Pancakes

I have been using this recipe since I was a little girl.  I don't know where my mother got it from, but it's amazing! The cake flour really makes it!  Sometimes I split the cake flour measurement with corn flour for a different texture and flavor!



Pancakaes

2/3 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup cake flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
2 eggs
1 to 1 1/4 cup milk
3 tbsp melted butter
1/4 tsp vanilla

Sift all dry ingredients together, then form a well.  In a sepereate bowl, beat eggs and add milk.  Pour egg mix into well and mix until just blended, there may be lumps but that's okay.  Add butter and vanilla and gently mix until just combined.  Cook in a little oil or butter on medium heat!


the mixing




the cooking


.... and the eating! (sorry it's blurry)


unrelated ..... but check out my new retro kitchen scale!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...