Friday, December 3, 2010

Enough



We have decided not to do anymore xmas decorating this year.  We aren't even getting out a single decoration.  It seems weird to say it, but here at home it looks great!  We have a simple white tree that I bought for 75% off last season, with white lights (just ignore the fact that the wires are not white, i'll fix that one day!) and a paper circle garland using the same paper as the advent cones.  The white tree against our new blue walls is quite striking and I think cluttering the tree up with ornaments would detract from that look.


Aslo most of my ornaments are very fragile, vintage glass balls.  I can trust Jack to not harm them, but I'm not so sure about Dylan.  Jack is pretty happy with just the garland. He did make it after all!  He loved punching out all the circles and feeding them into the sewing machine while I controlled the foot pedal!

I do need to make or find a thrifted tree skirt, but that's it.  Ah, the relief!  Christmas is great, the decorating is often too much for me though and don't even get me started on xmas songs ..... ew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...