Saturday, December 4, 2010

Birthday Dress #1

So it's not completely done, but this is about as far as I am going get on dress #1 for my birthday present to myself!

For the next year, I'm giving myself two months to complete a dress.   By the end of the year I'll be 32 and have six new vintage, or vintage inspired dresses!  Great birthday present hey?!  I bought a bunch of vintage patterns online, but decided on a newer pattern from my collection.



I used Vogue 2429.  I still have to install the zipper and hem the bottom, but other than that I think it's looking pretty good!




I didn't have quite enough fabric to make the dress so i improvised but adding those red panels.  I think it's adds a nice detail, especially when I walk!  I plan on getting some better photos once it's complete.

Oh and notice my hair ... pin curl set!!  I'm getting it done up by a friend as we are going to an xmas party tonight!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute Tan! I really like the red panels - they add a little something extra to the dress. Very chic! And the hair totally tops it off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i can't wait til it's done and i can actually wear it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes the red panels make the dress! lmom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...