Monday, December 13, 2010

Crafty Crafty



i've been busy working on a few things. Mostly xmas stuff, but i did manage to whip up this brooch holder!  i ripped off canvas from a round frame and stapled this vintage pillowcase fabric on.  I then glue gunned the ribbon on the edge and  poof it was done!!

all my brooches have been just sitting in a box and when i saw this post over at sew weekly, i just had to try it!  i'm not very good at embroidering, and i really didn't have the time, so mine is much more simple, but it works!!

i'll aslo share one more quick project with you! i've completed my second dino mat!  we lost the first one in scotland and DD just adored it, so this will be part of his xmas present from me!  i am writing up a tutorial and hopefully submitting it to Made for their celebrate the boy month!  if my tutorial doesn't get chosen, then i'll post it here of course!

3 comments:

  1. I see you're back to this blog! I wondered where you where. This mat is super cute, I'd definatly like a tutorial on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. i just decided to come back .... i imported my posts from the other blog though! i'll let you know when the tutorial is complete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, hope to see a tutorial. It looks like fun for the kiddos. P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...