Monday, November 15, 2010

The Absentee Blogger

This is a photo of the sweater pattern I'm making for D. Too cute!!

Hi it's me. I know it's been a long time. I used to blog everyday?! There is a lot going on right now, getting ready for xmas, organizing the house (a year after moving in no less!!), teaching Jack to read. We recently spent some time up at the farm and I finally taught myself how to knit!

With the help of knittinghelp.com I was able to master knit and purl in no time. I did make a dish cloth a couple of years ago, but that was quite the effort. I am working on a little knit hoodie for Dylan and hope to get one made for Jack as well.

Working with a pattern has forced me to learn a whole bunch of new techniques, such as decreasing, button holes, picking up from a completed piece etc ..... it's really fantastic! Now that I have almost completed my first garment, I am falling in love with so many books and patterns out there. Most of them I'd eyed before and thought about how I could translate the idea into crochet, but no more! Now I can knit them!!

So mostly that's what I've been doing in my spare time, knitting and what not. I am also planning what to make this year for my xmas baking and who we are visiting and when. Oh and the fantastic cleaning and organizing that's been going on here! Ohhhhh it's fabulous! Still not a single complete room, but lots of tidy ones! I hope to post more often and start taking photos again ...... i've been anti-camera ever since Scotland for some reason. Anyways look forward to some great xmas crafting ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...