This is what my kids love to do.

J gets right down to the action of hauling stuff (though looks like he's sleeping!) and D tries to find a place to dig

Still looking ......

Ah ha! A pre-exisiting hole! Perfect!
Finding a good spot to unload.
Lastly, the inspection of dirt and bugs.
********************************************************
This is why I get stuff done outside. Okay really I don't get a lot done, but I have had a bit of luck growing stuff this year!
I met a mother today and we were talking about dinner. I told her that I already had dinner made; a huge pot of baked potato soup! All ready and waiting for us! Later we were talking about other stuff and I mentioned that the boys had been digging large holes from where our ptoatoes once were.
I think she thought I was crazy ........ that I already had dinner made and that i grew my own potatoes for said dinner. I love food, and gardening, so I put a lot of effort into both those things.
In order to do lots of gardening and cooking, I let other things slide. For example, a few weeks (okay months) ago I knocked our clock off the wall. It sat, propped up on the credenza until today I finally got around to re-hanging it. I have tons of art i haven't put up yet. I have tons of clothes that just live in laundry baskets. I have dishes piled up in my sink ALL THE TIME!
I make time for the things I like, and ignore the other things .... until i absolutely have to do them. Luckily my hubby does a lot around the house. I do however think he appreciates my fine cooking and all the time we spend together in the garden as a family!
I love how the boys take part in the garden. J is always telling people what jobs the bugs in the garden do for us ..... it's too cute!
one thing is that dishes I ***Guarantee *** will be in your sink(s) for the next fifty years or until they slip you into the "home" -- but the boys will grow up and [hopefully] leave home one day! LindaMOM
ReplyDeleteI like your priorities. I think I was crazy for being in the garden with a baby just a few weeks old, but it makes me feel happy to grow things. Too bad the weather out here didn't respect all my hard work. (One exception.. I like doing laundry.) P
ReplyDeletecory likes doing laundry too ..... must be a family thing! haha! gardening is one of the most rewarding things ever!
ReplyDelete