I am now working on a super secret gift for my sister's wedding. I might not have the whole thing finished, but I did make great progress on it this weekend. On Friday night Cory and one of his good friends decided to take the boys up to the farm! A three hour drive each way!!!
They did great (except the last hour on the return journey) and I have to admit it was quite a nice break. I cleaned, and napped, and of course crafted, oh and partied a bit too! Oh and the shopping! I got a steal of a deal! A $220 dress marked down to $19 ..... what!?! I also got a grey sweater, and a skirt at bargain basement prices!
This was the longest I was away from my youngest man, and it was hard at first. Also every time I saw a little toddler or preschooler my heart ached for my little guys! I know ..... cheesy! Anyways they all had a fun time, and came home to a relatively clean house.
In the afternoon I took the boys with me to a going away potluck for a good friend of mine. When we arrived home, Cory had cleaned, vacuumed AND mopped the bedrooms!! Those rooms always seem to get ignored, so it was amazing to have done!
Oh and I painted the front door .... from gross dried blood color to a nice robin's egg blue! I hope to do the trim soon, a dark, chocolate brown! One day we'll do the whole house, but for now the trim and door are enough!
Maybe later I'll post about the funny things the boys have been saying! For now I've got to run!
No comments:
Post a Comment