Usually i can get him out of it and gasping for air if I blow on his face ..... that didn't work. he just kept holding his breath, turned blue and then he feinted! Right there in my arms! Our family doc is an amazing, calm guy and he suggested I lay D on the bed so the blood could flow better. He still wasn't breathing and was totally unconscious. I would have called 911 if I had not been at the doctors!
Eventually he started to breath again and it was the same sort of breathing Jack did just after his seizures. Eventually he woke and just cried for a long time. I was reassured that everything was fine, and when he goes for his shots in a few weeks, it may happen again.
Skip forward through our day, lunch, art store, thrift store, home, play, dinner, dad goes out for the evening. Now the the boys and i are playing in their room and getting ready for bed. Dylan is a bit cranky, but doing okay. By accident Jack kicks Dylan as Jack is getting off a chair. D starts to cry, then does the no sound no breathing cry ...... i try to get him out of it and to start breathing, but he feints again! I lay him down and he's just blue and not breathing ..... I am about to call 911, but i try to assure myself that he is okay and his body will take over and get him breathing again. He starts breathing and then cries for a long time. He's so tired from all that, he's off to bed early.
Jack was there the whole time. At the doctors office he was asking me why Dylan was sleeping all of a sudden and this time he was asking me why Dylan looked like ice .... scary! Poor Jack was quite upset for the rest of the evening as I think he was upset about kicking D, which started off the chain of events. I tried to talk about things with Jack in hopes that he'd feel better and not be too hard on himself.
Okay I am done for today ...... why do i have to see my kids turn blue and stop breathing!! At least D isn't having seizures!
Is Dylan picking up on your panic?
ReplyDeleteLMOM
i'm not panicked when D is crying, it does get a bit scary when he stops breathing, but it's not as scary as Jack's seizures. our doc said that some babies just hold their breath, and that he'll grow out of it. it's not too worrisome, just a part of life.
ReplyDelete