Saturday, March 13, 2010

To Sleep


This is our yard ..... it needs a lot of work, but we don't have the time right now.


It's been days now. Almost a week I think. For some reason Dylan won't let me put him down. Normally we put him down when he's still awake, though when he is sick, we hold him until he's a bit more asleep, then place him in his crib.

This past week we eren't able to put him down at all, without him just bawling. I even went as far as to have him sleep on me ..... for the entire night! The night after that we decided to put him down and if he cried, pick him up until he was settled, then put him down again. Cory was the one who did all this work. It took about twenty minutes, but eventually he went down. After waking in the night, Cory only had to try three times to put him down.

Over then past few nights, Cory has been able to pretty well put him down on the first try. For me this has not happened, ever. Dylan just cries as soon as I start to move my hands in preperation for putting him down. I have tried for an hour sometimes, and it always ends thesame. Me frustrated, either calling Cory at work, or just strapping D in the carrier and hoping for the best. Once I let D cry it out in the crib, when he refused to even settle in the carrier.

Tonight I tried again. Ten times I tried to put him down, until I just couldn't handle it anymore. Cory is in there now, trying to put him down. It seems as though Cory too, is having a bit of trouble tonight. Perhaps it's because D had both of his naps in the car seat today.

In other, let frustrating news, we got a new couch/bed for our spare room! Its even got a storage compartment! My friend and her husband were going to post it on Used Victoria, but I mentioned that we might be able to use it. So now here it is in our spare room, albeit in a bit of an awkward spot. We had just enough time to clear out the room to get the couch/bed in, but not enough time to really figure out the best spot to put it.

Tomorrow should be a fairly relaxing day, I don't think we have much planned. Poor little Jack has some sort of eye infection and Cory is still coughing quite a bit. It's been reported that Jack is very goos with his eye drops, so hopefully his little eye will return to normal soon! Off to bed now, though tomorrow is my turn to sleep in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...