Friday, March 12, 2010

Back To Work

Cory had his first full day of work, and it was certainly a full one! I have have decided to start some new family rituals and one is about Cory arriving home. When I was growing up the minute my parents came home the kettle was put on and we all sat down while my parents had a nice, quiet cup of tea.

So today I put on the kettle and Cory and I managed to (for the most part) have a nice quiet cup of tea, when Cory got home. Hopefully I can pull it off everyday! Once something becomes ritual it just gets accepted as something that happens, no need to explain. Let's hope so at least! Anyways onto our day!

This morning Jackson and I hosted Messy Monsters Art Club after two weeks without. It was a different group of families than usual, and it was quite fun! In the afternoon Jack, Dylan and I played in the sand/mud pit. Dylan got quite dirty and tried to eat a few too many things so I brought him inside and gave him a nice bath in the kitchen sink. Jack played on his own until he was ready to come in. It was all rather nice.

I am reading a new book called Calm and Compassionate Children, A Handbook. It's pretty good, but there are a few underlying God references. I'm not a religious person. For the most part I am comfortable with people and their relationship with their chosen God. Anyways the book is good ........ It's helped with Jack a lot and it has lots of great ideas and activities! Calm, it's all about the calm.

Alright I'm exhausted, time for a bit of relaxing and then off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...