Monday, February 1, 2010

Silence

This past weekend we surprised Jackson with a trip to the farm! It's a three hour drive, and it usually ends up being about four or five hours depending on the kids and their needs. This trip was amazing, we made record time!

Jackson enjoys feeding the animals every morning with Grandpa, and learning how to cook with Dudi Eva. Cory and I take turns sleeping in and there is just a lot of relaxing in general! This trip I decided that I needed a little estra relaxation, after my hard week.

About one kilometer from the main house, through the woods, is the little cabin. I think at one point in time it was going to be a gazebo, but now it's a beautiful miniature cabin, with a wood stove, and a lovely platform bed! There is a stream rushing by, and everything is nestled deep in the private forest on the property. It's heaven really!

Sunday morning at about 7:30am I packed up a few things and wandered down to the little cabin. Once there I did a bit of crochetting, then curled up in the blankets and daydreamed until I fell asleep. When I awoke, I could hear the sound of ravens and the rest was just a heavy, damp, silence. I stayed there for about three hours is think. Cory would have been fine with me staying longer,but I felt rejuvinated, and content to return to the hub bub of the main house.

I made some good plans and had some good dreams there. I will have to remember to take time to have a mini retreat each time we visit the farm. It does wonders for my mind and body!

I wish I had a photo of the cabin, or something from my mini retreat, but alas the camera was left at home, no farm photos at all!

It was nice actually not having the camera. I am often very occupied with capturing the moment, I forget to fully live in it! This trip was all about living in the moment and just being happy and content!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...