Thursday, February 25, 2010

Back Again


Walnut Pasta

take some leeks and slice them up. melt butter and add leeks. cook until tender and add walnuts. toss in some diced tomatoes and cook up some pasta. Once the pasta is cook and drained, toss with the walnut mixture. Serve with grated Parmesan sprinkled on top!

Little D

We are pretty well back to normal in the sleep department! yay!!!!! i couldn't be more thrilled! It had been two weeks of not sleeping and now we've had two good nights! Last night was great, with two stretches of 4 hours! Not much is going on around here. Cory has been travelling a lot for work and will continue to do so next week. He comes home in the evenings, it's just an early start for everyone!

Right now Jack is busy playing with play slime! It's an amazing thing that I found on Ohdeedoh. The site is dedicated to kid's decor and activities .... it's great! I am keeping busy with my crochet work, I'm working on a couple of orders, and have already sent out my first Baby Jingles Ball! I am looking into doing some advertising for the shop, and am just figuring it all out! Tonight I'll be tidying the art studio for another great Messy Monsters Meeting! Last week we did a rather involved craft (the night before I spent an hour cutting, hot gluing .... burning fingers) of making cardboard boats. This week it's just simply painting little models I had purchased from a craft store.

I am tying to get some reading in as well. I got The Art of Simple Food from the library and am loving it! I used to pay more attention to the quality of our ingredients, but lately I've just been grabbing whatever is on sale. It has reminded me of how important simple, good quality ingredients are to cooking! I am looking forward to the market in Bastion Square this spring! They have HUGE tables of fresh farm foods! I know I won't be doing much gardening myself, but I can at least buy local, organic goods!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...