Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Round About Way

I have found a way of getting some photos on here, but I won't be posting as many photos, at least not my own photos. I seem to have most of my decisions figured out now!

As far a Dylan goes, I am slowly weening him. I breast feed him when I feel like it (mainly at night) and bottle feed him when I feel like it. It's a rather easy and slow progression and everyone seems happy with it.

Oh the computer ...... I am getting a Mac I (we) have decided! We are looking into a refurbished one, but I am not totally sold on that idea. I cannot WAIT until we order it! I am hoping it's easy to get photos here from the Mac, I have heard that it takes an extra step or two.

I have been inspired to learn how to spin my own yarn. I have been working with very bulky, uneven yarn for my new etsy store and the afghan for our bed. For the baby jingle balls I used roving to stuff them, but as it comes in one long strand, I thought I should learn how to spin it ..... it would be cheaper to buy the yarn unspun and it would be a good learning experience! Oh and I found this how-to on spinning yarn from newspapers!! There might be a use for all the newpapers my mother buys!

A local yarn store called Knotty by Nature has a one evening spinning class that I hope to take in February! So now onto the photos!



These are the Baby Jingle Balls that I have been working on. I just love them, as do the boys! There are still a number of things to get ready before I can open up my new etsy shop, but I have some things on the go! The balls range from 10" around to 24" around!


This is the doll I made for a little friend's birthday! I got the pattern from Craftster here. I decided to change the dress a bit to make it a bit less mod and a bit more feminine! She turned out great and was well received!

2 comments:

  1. I guess the Jingle balls have a bell inside. Didn't know that when you showed them to me. Jack and now Dylan seem to love those Zen jingle balls in the box or whatever they are that David has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah the bells are quite muffled in the wool balls, but it's still a nice sound! i want to do a bit of research and find another kind of rattler!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...