Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Out and About


My little one, sleeping on my back while I make hearty turkey soup!




Outdoor fun lasted until dark!


I have been encouraging Jackson to get outside and play as much as possible. Once he's outside, it's hard to get him back inside, but the tough part is getting him out. Today we went for a walk and as we were returning home we saw a funny sight. Our neighbors kids were busking on our street! They had a hat out and everything! The problem is that there aren't too many people who walk along our street. Also the boys were a bit shy about playing in public it seemed. So Jackson and I walked right up to them and requested a song. The boys played, we clapped and tossed a few coins into the hat. Once inside, Jackson decided that he too wanted to busk, however he wanted to busk with the other boys. So we got all bundled up again, Jackson grabbed his guitar and did a few songs on his own. The boys had gone inside, and I don't blame them! It was cold and not very lucrative. Jackson decided to do some performances for the birds in the backyard, then play with his trucks. He stayed out there 'til it was pitch black! I love it! I love it when all Jackson wants to do is dig and fill things with water and dirt!

It's such a shame when children are not left to their own devices outside. I am so excited for this summer. Jack will be able to stay out all day, just running in for quick potty breaks and the odd request. I have a plan in place to really do his play fort up! Pulley systems, steering wheels and winches, oh boy! It's going to be so fun!

So while we struggle through these dismal, wet, cold months, i take comfort in the fact that Jack will bare any weather to have a little outdoor fun! It's so good for him, and me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...