I am playing catch up now! I haven't been on my computer a lot lately. Ignoring Facebook, my blog, and even design sponge!!!! Yikes, I'd better get back on track.
This past weekend we did a lot of running around for the houses stuff. Also Cory has now insulated the bathroom and picked up the tub and surround. We are getting the plumber in on Saturday and after that it's up to our contractor to do the rest!! It will be so nice to have a bathroom upstairs. Speaking of bathrooms, Jack is doing a lot better at potty training. He's only had one or two accidents since my last post, so seems to be on track again.
Cory's Dad and Step Mom were here briefly and they both had some great ideas for our house. We plan to move the fridge over to another wall, and .......... knock down the chimney and fireplace in the living room!! This will give us an pen concept living/dining/kitchen space!! We are going to put a wood stove or something like that in the corner of the living room and re-route the furnace piping to that corner as well.
Since we have to put a new roof on, it won't take too much to do this ...... well an awful lot of demo work. We didn't plan on re-doing the kitchen for a few years, but if we are to do the roof in the spring/summer, then it makes sense to do everything at once. It will be better to do a reno like that in the summer as the boys and I won't be inside like we are now. Oh it's just too exciting. Of course we'll have to talk things over with our contractor and whatnot, but it seems like just the idea we were looking for!
What else is new? Not much really. Just trying to keep on top of daily household things, and trying to organize and unpack more junk. The bedrooms are coming together, but sadly my craft room is still a disaster. I went through a ton of boxes and pulled things out. Everything is just in piles as I have no storage down there. One day I'll get it all together. I have carved out a small space fr painting, as I would like get back to that. I've already started work on two pieces ..... photos to come one day! Also I'll have to set aside a small area for some xmas present making.
This year i am making a few small things for the boys and my niece, and the rest we will just buy. I wish I'd been on the ball a bit more and ordered stuff from etsy ..... oh well! alright off to work i go! We are making popcorn strings for the mantle in preperation for xmas .......
PS: I have some great photos on my computer .... just have to grab it and download!
what a great idea--opening up the living room/kitchen / dining room. That will look great! Lm
ReplyDeletei hope so! we'll have to see how much it will cost though!
ReplyDelete