Thursday, October 29, 2009

Camera Packed?

Okay I can't find my camera! You will have to excuse me for the lack of new photos! I certainly hope someone has not packed it! Last night Cory got back from three days in Vancouver. It was quite something being on my own for that long! I didn't even have time to think about it, just to do it. Truthfully it was one of the best times I've had. Only once did I get a bit frustrated, and that was on the early morning of yesterday. My Dad came and helped Wednesday afternoon and also stayed for dinner. It was nice to have some help and another adult in the house! So now that Cory is back, the packing will continue. I tried to get some things sorted out while he was gone,but I had a hard enough time with the usual household chores.

The room that is most neglected is the kitchen. This weekend I plan to get some meals prepared so I can start packing some of the kitchen. The bedrooms are pretty well packed. The boys and I have enough clothes to last a few days, and only take up one load of laundry, so there aren't piles of it waiting to be sorted! I should probably do the same for Cory, though it feels strange decided what to keep out and what to pack for him.

Yesterday we visited "The Chicken Man" in Oak Bay. It was truly fantastic seeing his flock of hens scratching around the yard! We took a look at the coop and talked about Oak Bay Council and what was going on there. So hopefully in a years time our little family will have our own little flock! It's nice to know that there are some young families in Oak Bay that have similar values as ours!

I should be packing and whatnot, but every spare moment I get, I seem to be reading! The book I am currently reading is called Last Child in the Woods. It's about how little today's generations play in the wilderness or even outside for that matter. My most fond childhood memories are all about being in nature, and usually with the absence of adults. We used to go snake hunting in the tall grass by the beach, catch crickets on the rocks leading to the water, and spend lots of time rowing about in the inlet. I really want my boys to have some of their own nature adventures and store up some good memories.

Luckily we have the farm to go to, a farm that is mostly forest! In a couple of years Jack will be able to ( and hopefully want to) wander in the forests at the farm all day and not have to be bothered by our adult world. He can carve out his favorite spots and build little sanctuaries only he knows about! Even in our own yard I want to have some dense areas, where he can hide out and explore.

Oky enough rambling, Dylan is not settling, so I must tend to my wee one, before he looses it!

2 comments:

  1. i wouldnt like jack to be eaten by cougars.... are there cougars there? what about bears? eagles that pick him up and dump him in the ocean!

    grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i don't think there are any bears .... cougars maybe. he'd definately have to have the dogs with him!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...