..... or so i thought. i wasn't feeling too cheery this morning and both of the kidlets were needing a lot of attention for some reason. The house has been a bit of an eye sore this week. Stuff piling up, and things kind of ignored. I am trying to concentrate on one large task at a time, such as the major kitchen clean up two days ago, or the heaping laundry pile yesterday. It's been tough keeping up. I really don't like to spend my days tending to the chores. The reason I am a stay at home mom is to be with my children. Enrich their lives and spend as much quality time as possible with them.
It was pointed out to me early this morning that the house was a disaster and that it was disappointing ..... ouch. I thought I'd been doing okay. At least there'd been food in the fridge and dinner on the table every night. Anyhow, i was bummed out in the morning and having a hard go f it.
Before I knew it nap time arrived, but to my horror naps didn't happen at the same time. I was sitting on the back stoop dreaming of chickens when around the corner came my dear husband with flowers and goodies for me! We talked and everything was smoothed over, then we got to work. The garage had become a dumping ground. All of our neat and tidy bins were popped open and spilling out everywhere.
There are still a number of things to go through, however it's amazing what a difference an hour of cleaning does! We came inside and had a few minor conflicts with Jackson, but for the most part we sailed along to a nice homemade pizza and salad dinner. Let's just hope the rest of the evening goes well! Today turned out to be a pleasant, constructive start to the weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment