I had quite a productive later half of the weekend. I mended my apron, that I received in a swap and I made a little skirt for my cousin's little girl. Also I made a reusable snack package for Jackson. Now that he goes to daycare tow days a week, I noticed the ziplock bags were disappearing rapidly. I don't like the idea of ziplock bags anyways (bad for environment etc). So I set out to make a snack pack. I did find a great one on etsy at Abeego. I was even more exciting when I found out that she lives in the same city as I do! However I didn't want to pay that much for a snack pack, so I set about designing one for myself. I stumbled across a cool envelope clutch pattern, which I modified. When the snack pack is open, it looks like a box, so serves as a nice bowl for on the go! When it's fastened shut, it's a flat envelope! I will take photos when Jack isn't using it! And I'll have to make more. I used decorative oilcloth on the inside and cotton on the outside. It's machine washable or you can just wipe it down! I was thinking of selling them, but stopped myself as that would take away from my homesteading goals!
Speaking of homesteading, I think my sourdough culture has failed ....... I have asked for advise on various boards, so we'll see what the experts have to say!

No comments:
Post a Comment