Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pause Button



Our life was on hold from the time that Jackson first developed his fever on Friday morning. No one was getting any sleep, as Jack woke often due to his illness, and Dylan woke multiple times in the night to feed. Today we were feeling ambitious and planned a family outing to our favorite breakfast spot, then headed to Fisherman's Wharf. There are lots of houseboats moored, and I spent most of the time dreaming of life on a house boat. What a unique life that would be! Some of the house boats were larger than our house! I do not think, however, that we are ready for such a life. I am too attached to my homesteading life/dream. I have been doing some major dream/planning about chickens lately! You could have chickens on the roof of a house boat i bet!

On our way home from the wharf, Jack fell asleep in the car, so we drove a bit out of the way to Mt. Douglas Park. The road up the mountain was closed off, but when Jack woke up, we all went for a little impromptu nature walk. All in all it's been rather nice. Dylan is sleeping, while Cory and Jackson are heading outside. I don't think any of us have been out in the yard since Thursday! That's a record for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...