Friday, July 31, 2009

And it Gets Worse

Last night at midnight Jackson woke with a high fever. We were able to control it with Tylenol and taking him outside in the cool night. Cory even slept with Jackson on the front lawn for part of the night! Today we tried our best to keep the fever down, but it suddenly spiked and Jack had another seizure. So off we went in the ambulance. Cory and Dylan followed in the car.

When Jack and I got to the hospital, the staff were not letting anyone in the emergency area due to an "isolation". Basically some guy was puking non stop and they didn't want it to spread. So once he was contained we went through with masks on. I didn't want Cory to go in the hospital with Dylan. I think the "isolation" business was the most scary part of this whole experience.

Because of Jack's age, and the fact that he'd already experienced febrile seizures, we were let go pretty fast. I think they just didn't want us around with that weird puking guy. So we've been home for some time now and Jack's fever is under wraps. Cory is sleeping with him tonight. Oh the worrying!

This time Cory was the one who saw Jack seizing. Every other time he's been away, so this was the first time for Cory to experience the seizures. Okay Cory is sitting in front of me gnawing on some chicken legs, so I'm leaving.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Tanya that sounds scary I hope you can all get some sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it is always scary. We know that he will grow out of it in a couple years, so we try to just keep positive! I jst worry about Dylan, as its common in siblings :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...