
Me, trying not to be miserable. Jack playing in the background.
Dinner:BBQ Hamburgers with Roasted Potatoes
Song of the Day: Under the Boardwalk by The Drifters
Current Thought: I am very ready for this day to be over.
Project of the Day: art installation and not having a total breakdown
I Want: a martini!!!!
Today was horrible. I was so looking forward to a nice day with the family and it all went to hell. I got to sleep in, which was great, but as soon as I got up, I was faced with the "no mommy"s. After trying to do some fun activities with Jack, I had to end up dishing out a timeout as he was really not listening to ANYTHING!! Usually he's okay after timeouts, but he just melted down and wouldn't leave his room, unless Daddy came and got him. My presence just made him cry more ...... great feeling. Cory and I have a policy that if I've disciplined, I'm the one that gets to do the making up as well. That was a no go in this circumstance, so daddy got to play to good guy and make everything better. After nap time we had a huge struggle getting Jack into the car to go to the park. I had decided to let Cory take care of getting everything ready and getting the dog and kid in the car. I don't like dictating to Cory, how to do things, but it ended up being a disaster! We almost didn't make it to the park. Then once we arrived, I had to go back and get a toy for the dog and Jack's coat ...... essentials for the park! A couple more things went wrong and I broke down. I've been miserable ever since. Oh and during dinner making (Cory outside tending to the BBQ) Jack decided to come in the kitchen and start yelling the "no mommy"s again. It was for no good reason and I just got really upset. After the constant struggles throughout the day, I suppose I was a tad fragile and ended up balling in the room. Eventually Jackson came to me and said he was sorry and we had a good cuddle, but I think I am done now. Cory can take things the rest of the way, I quit.
No comments:
Post a Comment