Sunday, February 8, 2009

Still Pregant and Gardening



Dinner: Healthy Baked Mac n' Cheese with veggies and Glazed Ham for the boys.
Song of the Day: Hit the Road Jack by Ray Charles
Current Thought: I think I am finally ready to start winding down my craft projects.
Project of the Day: Custom Hat Order
I Want: My new Belt Buckle .... but paypal won't let me have it .... still!

Today was an amazing day! We all went for coffee this morning, then Jackson and I played outside while Cory worked on the baby cradle. He put the finishing touches on it, so now all it needs is a quick stain and it's done!! While Jack busied himself in the sand box I was able to tackle my overgrown/dead garden. I pruned a tond of things, and pulled out dead annuals. Also I raked up the leaves and got rid of some unsightly edging. I am hoping to start doing a bit of planting in march, though it's too early for most things. I have a better plan for the garden space this year. I am going to invest in larger easy to care for bushes, such as heebie (incorrect spelling i'm sure!) and lots of lavendar. They will fill up space and be nice year round. As for my veggie garden I don't plan on doing very much. Probably just tomatoes and maybe potatoes. I know when the baby comes, we'll have no energy to be digging and weeding! I really wanted to create a nice outdoor space like a front porch or a gazebo in back, but i think that will have to wait for a year or so.

I am 32 1/2 weeks now and definately looking forward to baby's arrival! I am starting to get the room a bit more together and collecting supplies for the homebirth. I am getting frustrated with a number of pregnancy woes, especially with the lack of sleep i am getting. Though I am still trying to cherish my quiet time in bed, even if I'm not alseep, because I know all to well what things will be like when baby arrives! Let's just hope we get a better sleeper this time 'round.

2 comments:

  1. I love the fabric you chose for the cradle! That looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i didn't really choose it, well sort of. it's jsut leftover stuff from out king douvet set! I'm certainly glad i held onto it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...