
I've been working on some art for our bathroom. I really liked the idea of this print, but really wasn't happy with the colours so I decided to just draw my own version .... i drew them, then scanned them and coloured the drawings on the computer . It's the first time I've used the computer to aid in my art and I have to say I'm pretty excited! I can't wait for my next set of drawings for our bedroom ..... the owl portraits. Let me know what you think! The big person in the tub is Jackson and the little one is our new baby-to-be! Jackson loves the idea of being in my art.
i love them! They are too cute, the octopus is my fav!
ReplyDeleteVery cute...but it does look like Jackson has a little brother....hmmm interesting, we'll have to wait and see. Now I totally want to draw something and colour it on the computer too! oy...tough stuff.
ReplyDeletethanks, yeah i didn't want to draw too girly of a little sibling as it easier to add girly details than remove. i'm very addicted to colouring on the computer!
ReplyDeleteHi, Tanya. These are delightful...much more fun than the one that inspired you, which I think has a threatening tone. And your children are cuter. I wonder what owl things you are working on. I didn't see them anywhere but maybe I didn't go back far enough. Judy remembers that when she was little she was upset that the brown crayon was lost and she wanted to colour an owl. I showed her that you could make a beautiful owl by blending blue and green...it didn't have to be brown. She wants me to do an owl drawing in those colours for her to frame now. I am thinking of an owl mandala but not sure when I will get started. I've been out of drawing for a while.
ReplyDeleteThese are amazing!! You have such skills.
ReplyDeletethanks! I haven't really started work on the owlsyet, just doing some owly research right now. I plan to do 12 owl portraits in total. They aren't too big, it's just a matter of finding the tie in between my other trillion projects!
ReplyDelete