Saturday, February 12, 2011

Scrumptious Saturday

Today is recipe day!!  I'll be bringing you delicious, scrumptious creations every Saturday!

Yesterday we had German Pancakes for lunch.  Pancakes for lunch?  Yes and oh so good!  We usually eat this hot out of the oven with just maple syrup, but for lunch I put a savoury spin on it!  We topped the puffy, eggy dish with salsa and cheese!  If I'd had sour cream that would be great too!

I find that German Pancakes are a great base as they are plain, but have a lot of protein and a great crunchy on top and spongey in the middle texture!  Try out this recipe and get creative with your toppings!





(i know ... i have to work on my food photos!)

German Pancakes

6 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
dash of salt
2 tbsp melted butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place all ingredients in the blender, except melted butter and mix until combined.  You may need to scrape down the sides if flour has stuck.  Add melted butter and do a quick whirl of the blender.  Pour into a 9" x 13" glass casserole dish UNGREASED and bake for approx. 30 minutes.  Bake until puffy and golden brown on top!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Ooo these sound delicious! And really...anything with salsa on it has to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's also so good with just maple syrup! i ate it like that for years until last week when i tried it in a savoury way!! I am pretty excited about the possibilities! Nest I am going to try sauteed mushrooms with a drizzle of balsamic reduction and a little cream .... heaven!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...