Thursday, February 10, 2011

Make

We have been busy sewing and making other crafty related things!  I had to hem the curtains (only a year after we moved in!) and realized that i have been sewing sans pincushion for far too long!  I LOVE those cute tomato pin cushions, so I made one.  Well it's sort of a tomato ... cute none the less!


top with vintage button 


bottom.  this button makes it sit just perfectly on the table!


full of pins!

This is the Valentine's card we are handing out at Jack's preschool today.  He came up wit the dinosaur part and i sketched out the rest.  It met his approval, so I carved it on lino and printed away!  To make it two tone i carved it all as one stamp, then carefully cut out the heart so it became two stamps that match up perfectly!  I think I might sell these in the shop.  They are just too adorable for words!


3 comments:

  1. Those are fantastic cards!

    Also I have not seen one of those tomato pin cushions for years. Everyone had one in the sixties, myself included. Later I had one that had a wristband. -- not a tomato but a rectangular pad.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! yes my mom had a tomato pin cushion filled with sawdust. it busted apart! she also had a wristband pincushion. it was red and rectangular! i recently made her a new pin cushion as hers was on it's last legs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pin cushion!! I just bought a little kit from a discount store with a tomato one in it! just like my grandma has..this is so cute. I am a sucker for cuteness :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...