Saturday, February 19, 2011

Drunken Mushroom Pasta

I mad this one up during the week.  It was a great, fast meal that I was able to prepare before Cory even got home!


i like this photo, it just needs some parley garnish!

Drunken Mushroom Pasta

fettucini or spaghetti noodles (enough for four)
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp butter
2 leeks, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
lots of button mushrooms (or fancy ones if you desire!)
1/4 dry whit wine
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup sliced almonds
fresh grated parmesan

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.  Meanwhile get your water boiling in a large pot and throw in your pasta when it's at a boil.  You can add salt to your water if you'd like.  I don't just because I don't like the kids eating too much salt.  While your pasta is cooking, put oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.  Once butter is melted add leeks and garlic and saute until soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.  Add your mushrooms and white wine.  Cook for five minutes, then add chicken broth and lemon juice.  Cook until mushrooms are soft, but still plump.  When your oven has heated, toss your sliced almonds on a baking sheet and bake for 4 -6 minutes.  Watch carefully as they will burn quickly.  Stir them as you are roasting them.  I stirred at 3 minutes and 5 minutes.  Add salt and pepper to your mushroom mixture and drain your pasta.  Serve pasta on a plate with mushrooms and sauce, then sprinkle with toasted almonds and a bit of fresh grated parmesan.

It's a fast, easy dish and I just love the way mushrooms soak up all the great wine and lemon flavors!  You can also thicken the sauce if you prefer, but I like it thin with long noodles!

You can add tofu, white beans or chicken if you like.  I just didn't have any on hand when I made this!  It also might be yummy with some fresh tomato sauteed in there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...