Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Design

So after 10 plus years of contemplating, I've come up with a new design for a tattoo!  I have been trying to figure out what to put on my right arm for so long now!  On my left arm I have a varga pin up girl.  It's a mix of three different ones.  She's been so lonely for all these years!

I've sketched a VERY rough idea of what I'd like.  It was inspired from a piece I saw in an old tattoo magazine at a friend's house.  So without further adieu here it is:

okay you can barely see it .....  there are two crochet hooks on the bottom, a pin cushion and some thread above that, then some measuring tapes on the side, scissors at the top and a heart shaped yarn ball in the middle.  The yarn ball is going to vaguely look like a sacred heart.  I'm not religious so a sacred heart wouldn't really be right..... but a yarn heart is perfect!  In the banner above the hooks i am going to have some words ..... "Dangerously Crafty"  is what a friend suggested!  We'll see! 


 this is the flash from the magazine.  I love the details on the anchor and the overall look of the piece, but i'm not in the navy, or have i every really been into boating ...... so crafting it is!  I'm so excited!  Now I just have to find a tattoo artist i like!  The guy that did my pin up girl was my friend's ex boyfriend and he's now moved out of town.

5 comments:

  1. If you're willing to travel, the guys at Black and Blue in Nanaimo are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or Desiree at Desire Tattoo, also in Nanaimo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. albert from black and blue is the guy who did my pin up girl! his ex and i went to hair school together years ago! when my mom lived in nanaimo it was easier to get there, but now (especially with kids) it's a lot harder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. noooooooo-noooooo it is way too precise and superficial in meaning. It has no depth of meaning. [The sacred heart would at least have meaning if you believed in such a thing... a fish even has meaning but still a religious one.]

    What does a tape measure mean as a METAPHOR? Scissors? A yarn heart?

    Nothing! It represents at most cutting up, unraveling, minute measurement. Trust me- this is not something you will want to look at in five years. What if I had made a tattoo of my weaving days? Or my days as a new age seeker?

    Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea!!! So great. I've been wanting a crafty tattoo for a looooonnnggg time. Perhaps its time to get one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...